5. Schedule – use a calendar or daily planner (or even just a scrap piece of paper like I do!) to schedule your day. This helps you realistically look at to your to do list and work out if you’re being totally unreasonable with yourself about how much you can fit in! Remember to schedule in breaks. You’re the boss – you’d never expect an employee to not take a lunch break!
6. Be kind to yourself – Remember you set up your own business to gain more freedom, not feel like you’re handcuffed. You can choose your hours. You can work smarter not harder. There’s no boss telling you, you still need to be sat at your desk. Get up, move! Give yourself permission to create freedom!
7. Take time out – Forcing ourselves to work through just makes things worse. The best thing you can actually do is to take some time off to rest and recuperate. Even an hour will allow you a bit of headspace. Factoring this in to your weekly routine is even better.
8. Try to understand the underlying cause – Are you overworked? Do you have unrealistic deadlines? Is your mind-set or self-confidence getting in the way? Are you having relationship troubles? Is your desk cluttered? Is it all of the above?! Working out some of the causes gives us a good starting point to try and tackle them. Remember self-awareness is the basis of all my confidence work!
– After you’ve rested and listened to your body, do one thing every day to make your life easier. Could it be clearing your desk, could it be deleting 10 emails, unsubscribing from junk mail, asking for help with chores, batch making dinner? Maybe you need some coaching (If you do – click here!
) or to do one of my programmes (Click Here For My How to Be Confident Course
). Just do SOMETHING!
– Ensure you have people around you who make you feel good. Call an old friend who makes your laugh, go for coffee with your sister, chat to your online buddies. Come in and tell us how you’re feeling in Self-Belief School
. Make sure you are interacting with people and having a good time. Jim Rohn said: “We are the average of the 5 people we spend the most time with”. Are you spending time with people who boost your confidence? If not, take action!
Promise me something… even if you’ve read through that list and skimmed through it – go back and just choose ONE thing to make a start on. Ensure this be the reflection you needed to make a change and now go and take some action!
The trick with all of this is preventing overwhelm happening again. We need stress, some stress is healthy but too much stress can lead to burn out (and lots of other health problems). We can learn to improve our wellbeing in lots of ways but the most important is to start looking after ourselves, our time, our boundaries and our mindset. Burn out is so often caused by putting everyone and everything else first and neglecting yourself. You can’t grow a successful business if you are burnt out so make a commitment right now to start looking after yourself.
If you think you may need to create better boundaries, you’ll love my blog here
And if you want to take some quick fire action on your overwhelm right now with me as your mentor you’ll love my Overwhelm Masterclass here
To take the next step in your confidence journey make sure you’ve downloaded my free masterclass: from self-doubt to success. It’s packed with tips for recognising if your mindset is holding you back, and includes a bonus mini coaching session!